- Can you enjoy listening to traditional tales (E.g. Little Red Riding Hood, Hansel and Gretel)
- Can you make books or write about traditional tales independently?
- Can you write for different purposes? (Shopping lists, postcards, wanted posters) Understanding of the World:
- Can you talk about changing seasons?
- Can you make your own investigations? (E.g. What materials would you use to build a house for the Three Little Pigs).
- Can you talk about similarities and differences in plants, living things and in different countries?
- Can you take part in the traditional tale complete PE sessions?
- Can you use movements when working in the theatre?
- Can you use the physical area outdoors?
- Can you take part in Forest School?
Personal, Social and Emotional Development:
- Can you work in a group to act out a traditional tale?
- Can you explain why characters are good and evil in a traditional tale?
- Can you share resources?
- Can you talk about stranger danger?
- Can you talk about healthy and unhealthy food choices?
- Can you use the Numicon resources?
- Can you solve simple maths problems?
- Can you begin to use numbers beyond 10?
- Can you use Numicon to add, subtract, double and halve?
Expressive Arts and Design:
- Can you draw and paint objects?
- Can you make a model using clay?
- Can you sing and dance to music?
- Can you sing a song in a group and on your own?
Communication and Language:
- Can you act out the traditional tales in the theatre?
- Can you retell a traditional tale?
- Can you ask and answer questions about a traditional tale?
- Can you say why you like or dislike a traditional tale?