Public bodies, including local-authority-maintained schools, are covered by the public sector equality duty in the Equality Act 2010.
As part of our duties we publish:
- an Equalities Information profile of our school based upon the protected characteristics of the Equality Act 2010 – this is updated and published every year
- our school’s Equality Objectives – these are reviewed annually
- this information can be downloaded from the School Policies section of our website
Our pledge to support Roma, Traveller, Gypsy, Showmen and Boatmen families
Our school community is committed to working towards creating the most appropriate and welcoming environment and conditions in which Gypsy, Traveller, Roma, Showmen and Boater (GTRSB) pupils can stay resilient and thrive academically and personally. To do this:
- Green Lane has established a named contact point for GTRSB pupils and potential pupils, that person is the Headteacher, Mr Rob Goffee
- The school will clearly identify and publicise its support for GTRSB pupils on its website and in this prospectus
- The school will monitor the progress of GTRSB pupils as a specific group so that it can do all it can to help them thrive
- Green Lane works to build a supportive and welcoming culture for all GTRSB pupils, celebrating and commemorating GTRSB cultures and communities.
- The school commits to ensuring that staff development exists raising awareness of the barriers GTRSB pupils face accessing education, and broadly in society.