The Governing Body has established a number of committee to which it delegates day to day responsibility for the oversight of various aspects of the running of the school. Their main remits are listed below:
Finance & Premises
- Develops the school’s financial plan
- Ensures the school operates within the relevant financial regulations
- Makes decisions on expenditure.
- Prepares & reviews financial statements.
- Monitors income & expenditure
- Reviews current & projected pupil numbers
- Reviews charges & remissions policies & expenses policies
- Reviews, prioritises and funds Health & Safety (H&S) issues
- Ensures that buildings are maintained & fit for purpose
- Ensures that adequate provision is made to make the building safe & secure
- Oversees the use of the premises by outside users.
First / Pay Review
- Acts in accordance with the Teachers’ Pay Policy
- Reports on pay review related expenditure
- Makes decisions with respect to personnel procedures
- Reduces staffing
- Ensure that every child receives s full curriculum which meets their needs
- Reviews performance data, agrees targets and monitors progress in key curriculum areas
- Reviews and monitors provision for children with SEND
- Reviews and monitors the implementation of the school’s behaviour & anti-bullying policy
- Monitors extra-curricular provision
- Reviews and monitors the school’s aims, values & ethos
- Ensure that adequate provision is made for transition to secondary school
- Decides on the provision of sex & relationships education & consult parents.
- Monitor pupils’ attitudes, values & how other personal qualities are developed
- Ensure that school promotes inclusive policies that allow for the achievement of all pupils
Personnel & Performance Review
- Contributes to the development & monitoring of the School Improvement Plan & the SEF
- Ensures the quality of education, teaching & learning and monitors progress
- Sets attendance targets & monitors the school’s performance against these targets.
- Ensures annual report on each pupil’s educational achievements are sent to parents/carers
- Ensure the school meets the requirements of the SEND legislation.
- Monitors the achievement of disadvantaged groups
- Ensure the school works effectively with other agencies to support vulnerable children & their families.
- Ensures the school fulfils its responsibilities regarding child protection and safeguarding
- Monitors nutritional standards within the school
- Reviews the staffing structure
- Establishes, implements and review a performance management policy for all staff.
- Oversees the appointment procedure for all staff.
- Makes recommendations to the Finance Committee on Personnel-related expenditure
- Reviews work/life balance, working conditions & well being